Unlocking Student Potential
Pairing High Expectations with the Belief that Differences are a Source of Strength
- Gateway’s small class sizes (average 25) ensure students are known well. Each student is supported by a faculty advisor who guides him/her through the school experience and serves as a consistent contact for families.
- Gateway’s diverse schools foster positive student cultures of success and pride. Each student is appreciated for what he/she contributes.
- All students take a rigorous college preparatory course load, visit college campuses, and receive proactive and consistent college counseling.
- Gateway’s curriculum focuses on teaching students collaboration skills, communication skills, and problem solving. Course work includes long-term projects that challenge students to explore a topic, assess its complexity, and demonstrate their grasp of it.
- Gateway’s Learning Center provides support for all students, especially those with learning differences, in the forms of small group instruction, intensive reading instruction, assistive technology, teacher training, and more.
- Learning Seminar classes in sixth through ninth grades help students discover their unique learning process and teach them how to become stronger, more committed learners. Students at Gateway use consistent learning strategies across the curriculum.