Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year! In these unprecedented times, we are grateful for the resilience, creativity, and generosity of our community. Since our school closure in March, our world has undergone countless events that impact families, staff, and students. Issues of racial injustice and hate, the growing number of lives lost due to COVID, and the economic impact of shelter-in-place and social distancing are challenges that we are facing collectively and individually.
These are the times when community is more important than ever, and we are committed to educating our students at a high level despite our current circumstances. Even through the challenges, we’ve had moments to celebrate our community, including:
- 100% graduation rate for the Class of 2020!
- Gateway becoming a 1:1 tech school and supplying each student with a new laptop
- Gateway staff and students coming together to build on our work to make Gateway an anti-racist community
- Our talented, dedicated staff finding new and creative ways to make learning engaging and to keep students connected to school
- Students finding ways to stay engaged beyond school through our many community partnerships
- Students giving back to the community by tutoring other students, leading clubs, and staying civically engaged during election season
We have never been more inspired by this community and are grateful for the commitment of our students, families, and educators to ensure all students learn at high levels.
Becca Wieder and Stephanie Khaziran, Co-Principals