- Since Gateway's founding in 1998, 96% of Gateway's graduates have gone on to college, double the statewide rate.
- Students at both Gateway High School and Gateway Middle School outperform students across the state on Common Core tests (as measured by percent proficient or above) by an average of 15%.
- Gateway’s College Counseling Program was honored as a model of school reform excellence for achieving measurable results for traditionally underserved students by the Rossier School of Education at University of Southern California.
Impacting Lives; Impacting Public Education
Year after year, Gateway students are thriving. In addition to helping our students achieve their dreams, Gateway’s track record of success has positioned us to make a significant impact on public education in San Francisco.
Academic Achievement for All
- In 2017, Gateway Middle School and Gateway High School were among 275 schools across California who were honored under the Gold Ribbon Schools Program. Only three schools in San Francisco received this award.
- The San Francisco Unified School District Board of Education enthusiastically approved Gateway Middle School's first charter renewal application in 2015.
- Gateway Middle School was the first middle school selected to join the Innovative Schools network created by Facing History and Ourselves.
- Gateway Middle School is the first public school to partner with Inneract Project to offer video game design courses during the school day for middle school students.
- Gateway Middle School partners with San Francisco's Exploratorium and the Silicon Valley Math Initiative to support teacher professional development in math and science.
- Gateway Middle School partners with a variety of organizations to support enriching arts and STEM programs for our students, including Girls Who Code, Movemeant, Generation Citizen, and the YMCA.