Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for post-secondary success. Foundational to our approach is a commitment to anti-racist practices that address white supremacy in our society and in our institutions.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration-- particularly around anti-racist and culturally responsive practices.
- A staff who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- Teach one block of Honors Algebra 2
- Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Preferred: Current California single subject credential in math or a California substitute teaching credential
- Bilingual and BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Your resume and a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
- Contact information for three professional references
- Preferred: Proof of a CA teaching credential or information indicating your eligibility to receive one
Gateway’s Mission: Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.
For more information about Gateway High School, please visit our website at www.gatewayhigh.org