Gateway Middle School, a public charter school in San Francisco, is seeking a paraprofessional to support students with learning differences. Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
- A faculty who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
Major Duties and Responsibilities of Paraprofessional:
The paraprofessional Instructional Aide is responsible for:
- Supporting the academic, social/emotional, and behavioral needs of a student with an IEP
- Providing individualized and small group instruction to reinforce skills that have been taught by the teacher.
- Supporting teachers and students within the classroom as established in partnerships with other staff.
- Assisting Learning Center staff and other teachers as needed with planning, preparation, and distribution of classroom materials.
- Supporting Learning Center staff as needed on clerical work or other projects.
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Ability to work with individuals and groups of students to support academic skills and behavior management
- Ability to work collaboratively with a dedicated staff and involved parent body
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
- An AA degree or higher
To Apply: Please e-mail or send the following:
- Your resume and a cover letter addressing your understanding of and commitment to Gateway’s unique mission.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Optional: A lesson plan or other materials indicative of your educational philosophy.
Gateway Middle School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1512 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.