Gateway Middle School, a public charter school in San Francisco, is seeking a Resource Specialist. Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
- A faculty who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
Resource Specialist Responsibilities:
- Manage a caseload of students with diagnosed learning differences and IEPs
- Schedule and facilitate IEP meetings and other family meetings to support student learning
- Co-teach and/or collaborate with content area teachers to adapt or scaffold curriculum, implement accommodations, and provide specialized academic instruction for students with learning differences
- Provide small group instruction to achieve goals defined by students’ IEPs and learning needs
- Collaborate with the Director of the Learning Center and other Specialists to assess student learning and implement interventions in response
- Communicate with parents and teachers about student progress
- Collaborate with colleagues to to differentiate instruction and to build a positive culture across the school
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Experience working as a Learning and/or Resource Specialist serving students with IEPs
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and parents
- Level I Education Specialist Instruction Credential, Mild/Moderate Disabilities required
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
To Apply: Please e-mail, send, or fill out the form below with the following:
- Your resume and a cover letter addressing your understanding of and commitment to Gateway’s unique mission.
- Three letters of recommendation
- Proof of a CA teaching credential or information indicating your eligibility to receive one.
- Optional: A lesson plan or other materials indicative of your educational philosophy.
Gateway Middle School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1512 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.