Gateway Middle School, a public charter school in San Francisco, is seeking a Campus Support Aide (CSA). This is a 2022-2023 School Year position, with the potential of becoming permanent depending on success and need. The CSA will serve students in 6th-8th grade, as well as key faculty members to ensure that our scholars and teachers are supported as we return from distance learning. Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
- A staff who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- A staff who is committed to serving the whole child so that they thrive in school and beyond
- A staff who values and embodies collaboration and collective responsibility
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration--particularly in support of anti-racist and pro-Black, inclusive, and equity-focused practices.
Campus Support Aide (CSA) Teacher Responsibilities:
- Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with the GPS Tech Coordinator for chromebook upkeep and tech ticket maintenance
- Floating sub-coverage
- Entry and maintenance of data systems (i.e. Kickboard, PowerSchool)
- Support with field work from chaperoning to logistics planning on an as-needed basis
- Supervision during lunch, recess and during transitions
- Other responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting the Student Support Office (SSO), including the Dean of Culture and the Assistant Principal, with our Tier 1-2 Restorative Response System (our restorative discipline system)
- Provide push-in support to teachers on an as needed basis
- Support the Site Leadership Team (SLT) with closing/opening protocols of the school building
- Regularly meet with a supervisor/coach in weekly/bi-weekly 1:1 check-ins to develop reflective practices to strengthen skills
- Provide input and collaborate with the MTSS team / RTI team
- Have unwavering belief in ALL GMS students, faculty and families, including guests of our stakeholders by building positive and healthy relationships
- Upholding and embodying our school’s values of respect, responsibility, community and excellence
- Supporting supervision duties based on school-site needs and to be a positive presence during supervision
- Support parent/caregiver engagement nights, such as Family Conferences, Exhibition, Student-Led Conferences, etc. so that families feel valued and affirmed
- Celebrate excellence in our scholars by modeling acceptance and affirmation of different cultures, ethnicities, and backgrounds during community and all-school meetings
- Facilitate affinity clubs / extracurricular activities (we encourage activities that the CSA is passionate and highly interested in)
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Ability to work collaboratively and constructively with colleagues, parents/caregivers, and students
- Desire to be part of building common practices and the larger school culture and community
- You have high expectations for your own work, as well as that of students
- Bilingual and BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- You are dedicated to being anti-racist and pro-Black
To Apply: Please e-mail or send the following:
- Your resume and a cover letter addressing your understanding of and commitment to Gateway’s unique mission.
- Three letters of recommendation and/or three professional references with contact information
- Optional: A lesson plan or other materials indicative of your educational philosophy.
Jai David (she/her/ella), Principal
Gateway Middle School
1512 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.
For more information about Gateway Middle School, please visit our website at www.gatewaymiddle.org