Gateway Middle School, a public charter school in San Francisco, is seeking a full time Academic Interventionist Specialist for one year to support students in accelerating learning in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Gateway Middle School is committed to helping each student – regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement – learn the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway Middle School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An emphasis on four core values and restorative practices to develop positive relationships and community
- A staff who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- A staff who is committed to serving the whole child so that they thrive in school and beyond
- A staff who values and embodies collaboration and collective responsibility
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration--particularly in support of anti-racist and pro-Black, inclusive, and equity-focused practices.
Academic Intervention Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and Learning Specialists to assess student learning in ELA and Math
- Provide small-group instruction in reading, writing, math, and learning skills
- Work on the RtI team to analyze data and identify students in need of intervention
- Collaborate with teachers and the Learning Center staff to support English learners and students who struggle in math and/or literacy skills
- Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Strong desire to work collaboratively with colleagues, parents and students
- Experience teaching reading and/or math intervention
- Experience serving students with learning differences, as well English Learners
- Current California teaching credential required and/or eligibility to receive one
- Special Education teaching credential strongly preferred, but not required
- Bilingual candidates and BIPOC candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please e-mail the following information:
- Your resume
- Cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission and your experience with providing academic support to students.
- Three current references
Gateway Middle School
1512 Golden Gate Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.
For more information about Gateway Middle School, please visit our website at www.gatewaymiddle.org