Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is taught and encouraged to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
- A faculty who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
Resource Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Manage a caseload of 15-20 students (same grade level) with IEPs.
- Write and manage IEPs, including consulting with teachers regarding IEP goals, accommodations and services, and administering academic achievement tests.
- Teach two study skills classes and co-teach two core academic classes.
- Support teachers with lesson planning, differentiation and providing accommodations.
- Collaborate with Learning Center staff to develop and improve Learning Center Program.
- Commitment to Gateway’s mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Desire to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Current Level 1 Education Specialist Instruction Credential, Mild/Moderate Disabilities
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please email the following information to Marlies McCallum, email@example.com:
- Your resume and a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
- Contact information for three professional references and three letters of recommendation
- Proof of a CA teaching credential or information indicating your eligibility to receive one
- Optional: A lesson plan or other materials indicative of your educational philosophy
Gateway’s Mission: Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.
For more information about Gateway High School, please visit our website at www.gatewayhigh.org