Gateway High School, a small public charter high school in San Francisco, is committed to helping each student, regardless of learning style, gain the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is taught and encouraged to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
- A faculty who believes that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
Art Teacher Responsibilities:
- Teach three blocks of Visual Art 1
- Collaborate with the art department to develop the coherence and design of the program
- Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Desire to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Preferred: Current California single subject credential in Art
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your resume and a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
- Contact information for three professional references or three letters of reference.
- Examples of both student artwork and personal artwork. Images or links to images may be sent.
- Preferred: Proof of a CA teaching credential or information indicating your eligibility to receive one
Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.
For more information about Gateway High School, please visit our website at www.gatewayhigh.org