Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
- A faculty who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
Paraprofessional Responsibilities Include:
- Providing individualized and small-group instruction to reinforce skills that have been taught by the teacher
- Supporting teachers and students within the classroom as established in partnerships with other staff
- Assisting Learning Center staff and other teachers as needed with planning, preparation, and distribution of classroom materials
- Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and families
- Ability to work with individuals and groups of students to support academics and behavior management
- An AA degree or higher
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Your resume and a cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
Optional: letters of recommendation
Gateway Middle School supports and challenges all students to discover their unique potential, actively participate in their community, and develop skills and habits to achieve excellence in high school and college.
For more information about Gateway High School, please visit our website at www.gatewayhigh.org