Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for post-secondary success. Foundational to our approach is a commitment to anti-racist practices that address white supremacy in our society and in our institutions.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is supported to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration-- particularly around anti-racist and culturally response practices.
- A staff who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
Gateway’s Campus Supervisor works to ensure the safety of the Gateway community, including the students, staff, and facilities. The Campus Supervisor collaborates closely with various student support members to develop a positive, safe, and engaging learning environment. The role is for 175 days a year, aligned with the school calendar. Our Campus Supervisor typically works from 9am-5pm at an hourly rate of $26/hour.
Campus Supervisor responsibilities:
- Routinely circulate the school building to ensure immediate campus safety
- Ensure all visitors are approved school guests
- Provide student supervision as designated times, including lunch, passing periods, and after school dismissal
- Maintain safety and support of facilities, which can include graffiti/vandalism follow up and securing the building at the end of the day
- Develop positive student relationships, which may include informal one-on-one check ins
- Utilize a restorative practices when needing to support with conflict mediation
- Maintain a trauma-informed response through the regular use of de-escalation strategies
- Communicate with families regarding behavioral concerns, when appropriate
- Communicate necessary information via text message and email
- Participate in meetings or trainings designated by supervisor
- Support teachers and staff when necessary, which may include occasionally covering classrooms, redirecting students, and monitoring student traffic
- Commitment to Gateway's mission is essential, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Ability to multi-task and triage in a fast-paced environment
- Desire to work collaboratively with colleagues and parents/guardians and to be part of building the larger school culture and community
- Initiative, flexibility and creativity to build upon a growing program
- Experience working with high school students in an urban public school highly preferred
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply
To Apply: Please e-mail, send or fax the following:
- Your resume and an introduction addressing your understanding of and commitment to Gateway’s unique mission.
- Contact information for three professional references.
Gateway High School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1430 Scott St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway’s Mission: Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.
For more information about Gateway High School, please visit our website at www.gatewayhigh.org