Gateway High School is committed to helping each student—regardless of learning style or previous academic achievement—gain the skills, habits and knowledge necessary for success in college and beyond.
Key Characteristics of Gateway High School:
- A small school where all students are known well and supported to achieve at high levels
- A diverse student body that is taught and encouraged to be active partners in their education
- A strong commitment to and respect for diversity and difference
- An innovative and challenging curriculum that engages students and excites them about learning
- A supportive adult community characterized by continuous learning, reflection and collaboration
- A faculty who believe that all students learn differently and who vary their approaches to meet individuals’ needs
Academic Intervention Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Provide small-group instruction on active reading and meaning making strategies, English language development, and math literacy
- Collaborate with instructional leaders to develop intervention program, including plans for placement, curriculum, and instruction
- Administer one-on-one reading, ELD, and math comprehension assessment in order to individualize instruction and measure growth
- Collaborate with teachers and the Learning Center staff to support English learners and students who struggle in math and/or reading
- Commitment to Gateway's mission, including a desire to work with a diverse student body
- Experience teaching reading and/or math intervention
- Experience serving students with learning differences, as well English Learners
- Current California teaching credential
- Bilingual candidates and candidates of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please e-mail, fill out the form below, send or fax the following information:
- Your resume
- Cover letter commenting on your understanding of and commitment to Gateway's mission
- Three references
Gateway High School
Attn: Hiring Manager
1430 Scott St.
San Francisco, CA 94115
Gateway High School is a model, college preparatory charter school committed to academic excellence through personalized, student-centered learning. Gateway combines a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents and strengths of its students are identified and supported. Working with teachers committed to our mission, Gateway students will acquire the skills, habits, and knowledge necessary for academic and personal success in college and in adult life.