Gateway Public Schools is seeking a full-time program director to oversee Gateway Impact (www.gatewayimpact.org), a program started in 2018 as an online platform with opportunities for in-person learning and collaboration for educators in the Bay Area and nationwide. The director will play a key role in the growth of Gateway Impact’s activities to support educators, create opportunities for collaboration and resource development, and expand partnerships for the program. The director will act as a liaison between Gateway’s strategic team, faculty and staff, community partners, and broader community of educators. As part of Gateway Public School’s Dream Big initiative, the director will partner in strategic activities to develop Gateway Impact as a revenue-generating program and launch new events and resources.
Reporting to the Director of Schools and Partnerships and working closely with the Executive Director and Director of Development and Outreach, the Program Director is responsible for the successful implementation of the annual educator conference, instructional resource content development, and positioning Gateway Impact as a go-to resource for professional development and adult learning. The director will supervise the Gateway Impact Communications Coordinator.
Submit your resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position and Gateway to email@example.com with Gateway Impact Program Director in the subject line. In your cover letter, tell us (1) why you want to work with us, (2) why you are a good fit for this particular role, and (3) how your previous work or life experience prepared you for this role. Applications that do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a full time, exempt position with a minimum salary of $90,000. GPS offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, six weeks paid vacation, 14 paid holidays and paid sick time, professional development opportunities, a retirement savings plan, onsite parking, and, if qualified, student loan repayment support.
This is a full time (Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm), exempt in-person position located on Gateway High’s campus in Western Addition. The Gateway Impact team’s office is on the second floor of the building. The building has stairs, a ramp and elevator to access the second floor. The office is close to several MUNI lines and offers onsite parking for $50 per school year. See our COVID health and safety guidelines at the bottom of this posting.
We have outlined both the experience and qualifications a candidate should currently possess, and also those they are expected to develop while at Gateway. We recognize that no one person will be equally strong in every area and that some candidates will bring other strengths or experiences we haven’t described here. If you are passionate about our work, please apply. We will carefully consider every serious applicant.
Strategic Planning and Professional Learning
- Lead strategic planning and execution of Gateway Impact events: Conversations for Impact, annual Powerful Learners Conference, summer institutes, webinars, and events that grow the Gateway Impact platform for educators
- Work with organizational leaders to develop and execute Gateway Impact’s annual budget, including management of expenses and generation of revenue
- Support Dream Big initiative activities related to making Gateway Impact a revenue-generating program: identify and secure sponsorship opportunities; work with Director of Development and Outreach on grants; establish membership program; and cultivate partnerships
- Act as community liaison between Gateway Impact team, Gateway educators and administrators, external partners and other related stakeholders
- Develop partnerships with mission-consistent organizations to support and share each other’s work
- Lead post-event engagement strategies to strengthen relationships with Gateway Impact participants and partners
Gateway Leadership and Support
- Serve as a liaison and resource to Gateway High and Middle teams by attending professional development, meeting with school leadership and developing trainings
- Strategically support and facilitate professional learning at Gateway and externally
- Recruit and support Gateway staff to share best practices as part of Gateway Impact and external professional development venues
- Provide hands-on support and leadership at all Gateway Impact-related events
Outreach and Marketing
Lead efforts to build Gateway Impact’s online content and presence, including:
- Leverage Gateway educators’ and partners’ expertise, resources and knowledge to lead development of tools, content, blogs, conference sessions, and professional development resources for the Gateway Impact platform
- Support the Gateway Impact communications coordinator in the development of social media, e-newsletter, and website content
Qualifications and Experience
- 7+ years of experience at a school site as a teacher, school leader/administrator or TOSA; experience in charter schools preferred
- Experience implementing and managing a multi-year plan to achieve long-term goals and vision
- Experience developing curriculum and/or facilitating professional development
- A commitment to public and anti-racist education and alignment with Gateway’s mission and values
- Ability to foster and maintain working relationships built on mutual trust and respect with parents, students, trustees, donors, alumni, and staff
- Ability to articulate Gateway’s mission, programs, and initiatives in a compelling way to diverse audiences
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills; and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Proactive nature with great attention to detail
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with the ability to meet deadlines and outlined team goals
- Agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Google Suite, experience with CMS and email marketing platforms
- Experience with or a willingness to learn Salesforce, Campaign Monitor, Zoom
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
The anticipated hiring timeline as of the posting of this position is approximately 8-10 weeks. Below are estimations of the hiring process, although this could change depending on applicants and staff workload:
- Accepting applications: 2 weeks
- Resume review and interviews: 2-4 weeks
- Reference checks: 2 weeks
- Offer extended: 1 week
Interviews will be conducted by phone and masked, in-person as deemed safe by the San Francisco Health Department and City regulations.
COVID Health and Safety as of March 4, 2022
Gateway Public Schools requires all employees to be fully vaccinated and encourages all employees to be boosted (not currently required but likely will be). Documentation of vaccination status will be required for participating in in-person interviews. All persons on campus must be fully masked at all times. Per SFDPH and SFUSD mandates, bandanas and gaiter masks are not approved face covering. Each office is equipped with SFDPH-approved HEPA filters and open windows throughout the day.
About Gateway Public Schools
In 1998, a group of San Francisco parents had the dream of creating a school that would be a gateway to college for all students regardless of race, income or learning style. They founded Gateway High School, a college preparatory, public charter school in San Francisco. Since then more than 96% of our graduates have gone on to college, nearly twice the statewide rate. Expanding on its success, Gateway Middle School was established in 2011 to support students starting in 6th grade. Today, Gateway’s mission is to prepare a broad range of learners for success in college and beyond by combining a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents, strengths and needs of our learners are identified and supported. With two campuses in San Francisco’s Western Addition, Gateway Public Schools (GPS) serves nearly 800 students and an entire community of educators each year. Learn more about our schools at www.gatewayps.org.
Gateway Impact is an initiative of Gateway Public Schools that is committed to improving education outcomes of young people through sharing best practices and by bringing educators together to collaborate and learn from each other. Gateway Impact currently has three key activity areas – Gateway Impact Online, Idea Exchange and the annual Powerful Learners Conference – and continues to grow. Learn more about the initiative at www.gatewayimpact.org.
Gateway is committed to creating a diverse, equitable, anti-racist and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ persons, and persons from other historically marginalized and oppressed groups to apply.