Gateway Public Schools is seeking a Data and Reporting Manager to join our Strategic Team. Gateway’s Data and Reporting Manager serves mission-critical data consolidation and reporting roles for the charter management organization and each of our two schools.
This is a full time, 12-month, exempt position. This role includes an opportunity for a limited amount of remote work. Our offices are located on Gateway High’s campus in Western Addition. The office area is on the second floor of the building. The building has stairs, a ramp and elevator to access the second floor. The office is close to several MUNI lines and we offer onsite parking for $50 per school year. Our COVID health and safety guidelines are at the bottom of this posting.
Early-to-mid June 2022.
Submit your resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position and Gateway to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Data and Reporting Manager” in the subject line. In your cover letter, tell us (1) why you want to work with us, (2) why you are a good fit for this particular role, and (3) how your previous work experience prepared you for this role. Applications that do not meet this requirement will not be considered. If you have one, please include your LinkedIn URL.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary offered, dependent upon experience. GPS offers an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, six weeks paid vacation, ten sick days, and 14 paid holidays, professional development opportunities, a retirement savings plan, onsite parking, and, if qualified, student loan repayment support.
- Process all transcript requests
- Manage the Parchment system, process transcript orders (which includes graduating seniors), and train relevant staff and students
- Request and enter previous high school transcripts for transfer students
- Provide hard copy official transcripts when needed
- Update grades on transcripts (credit recovery, college courses, grade changes, etc.)
- Collaborate student registration documentation with the Enrollment Director
- Collaborate student withdraws and forwarding of records with the Enrollment Director
- Create and maintain up to date and accurate physical student cumulative records, including updated immunization records at GHS, and oversee counterpart at GMS (Office Manager)
- Enter and maintain accurate student demographic data in our student information system
- Enter and maintain fees, medical alerts, and updated parent/guardian contact information in our student information system
- Generate reports, bills, mailing lists, and labels through our student information system for students
- Work with Principals to make sure teachers enter grades properly for each term. Then prepare, print, email and mail grade reports for each term
- ParentSquare secure documents
- Prepare student records for annual audit
- Coordinate with each school’s attendance clerk to oversee the accuracy of student attendance reports
- Send monthly attendance reports to SFUSD
- Ability to learn and apply state and district laws, rules and regulations pertaining to school attendance accounting, record keeping requirements and audits
- Prepare monthly attendance reports and get them signed
- Prepare student attendance documentation for annual audit
- Provide requested pre-documentation to auditors for student and attendance audit selection
- Work with attendance clerks at both schools to prepare and collect necessary student cumulative folders and attendance documentation for audit
- Be the main point of contact for auditors when they have questions or need additional documentation regarding students or attendance.
- Use the school’s available information and data analysis systems to provide meaningful insights into school data under the guidance of school leadership
- Manipulate/ convert alphanumeric data among various formats and platforms for use in disparate systems
- Populate assessment systems with required info (Scholastic Achievement Manager, NWEA MAP)
- Work with consultants to launch a new org-wide student data analytic system, ex. Otus
- Design advanced custom reports using available tools to complement the school’s existing basic reports
- Manage the registration/re-enrollment forms and packets in Schoolmint
- Update, create and launch packets
- Work with administrative staff to collect and track forms
- Update the SIS with relevant changes
- Oversee the state and federal reporting requirements involving student information for Gateway Public Schools, acting as the primary point person for all CALPADS and similar reporting requirements for Gateway High School and Gateway Middle School.
- Serve as the primary contact for the California Department of Education (CDE) and SFUSD on issues related to CALPADS and other state reporting entities
- Work with data contributors from each school site to maintain accurate information in the school’s student information system (SIS) for CALPADS and other state reports. This includes:
- Coordinating the collection of free and reduced lunch information - FRL Coordinating
- ELAC Teams
- SpEd Directors
- School Admin/SSO (homeless, truancy, courses, discipline)
- HR and Credentialed Staff
- Use the schools’ SIS to extract and import required data into the state’s online data collection systems, maintain accuracy in those systems and meet each of the file submission deadlines.
- Check the state website for deadlines and updates for state reports
- Run validation reports to identify errors, missing data, etc.
- Locate and enter missing data, resolving all errors and omissions
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role at an educational institution with proven success
- A commitment to public education and alignment with Gateway’s mission and values, as well as creating an anti-racist community for students and families
- Strong abilities with MS Excel and database software for the preparation of data for reporting and analysis
- Skilled with data query, matching, extraction and manipulation tools
- Experience with student information and data analysis tools preferred, such as PowerSchool
- Experience with systems such as SchoolMint, ParentSquare and Parchment
- Experience with state and federal data collection systems, including CALPADS
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills; and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Proactive nature with great attention to detail
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with the ability to meet deadlines and outlined team goals
- Agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
COVID Health and Safety
Gateway Public Schools requires employees to be fully vaccinated and encourages all employees to be boosted. Documentation of vaccination status will be required for participating in in-person interviews. Per SFDPH and SFUSD guidelines, masking is strongly encouraged but not required. Each office is equipped with SFDPH-approved HEPA filters and open windows throughout the day.
About Gateway Public Schools
In 1998, a group of San Francisco parents had the dream of creating a school that would be a gateway to college for all students regardless of race, income or learning style. They founded Gateway High School, a college preparatory, public charter school in San Francisco. Since then more than 96% of our graduates have gone on to college, nearly twice the statewide rate. Expanding on its success, Gateway Middle School was established in 2011 to support students starting in 6th grade. Today, Gateway’s mission is to prepare a broad range of learners for success in college and beyond by combining a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents, strengths and needs of our learners are identified and supported. With two campuses in San Francisco’s Western Addition, Gateway Public Schools (GPS) serves nearly 800 students and an entire community of educators each year. Learn more about our schools at www.gatewayps.org.
Gateway is committed to creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage women, people of color, LGBTQ+ persons, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply.