Gateway Public Schools seeks a coordinator to support the growth and success of Gateway Impact, and act as a liaison between Gateway’s strategic team, faculty and staff, community partners, and broader community of educators. In 2018, Gateway Impact was launched as an online platform with opportunities for in-person learning and collaboration for educators in the Bay Area and nationwide. The coordinator will play a key role in the growth of Gateway Impact’s activities to support educators, create opportunities for collaboration and resource development, and expand partnerships for the program. Currently reporting to the Director of Development and Outreach, the coordinator is responsible for Gateway Impact’s social media presence and website, content writing, and supporting the logistical and technical needs of events and program activities. This is a growing team and starting in August 2022, the role will report to a soon-to-be hired Gateway Impact Director. Read the complete description below.
This is a remote position with monthly in person meetings at Gateway’s office in Western Addition and occasional in person events in the San Francisco Bay Area. The office is close to several MUNI lines and offers onsite parking for $50 per school year.
Submit your resume and a cover letter that details your interest in the position and Gateway to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, tell us (1) why you want to work with us, (2) why you are a good fit for this particular role, and (3) how your previous work or life experience prepared you for this role. Applications that do not meet this requirement will not be considered.
Compensation and Benefits
This is a 60% part-time hourly position with the potential to grow to full time. Compensation is commensurate with experience and ranges from $30 to $40 per hour. GPS offers an excellent benefits package available to all employees at at least 60% time, including medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, six weeks paid vacation, holidays, sick time and personal days, professional development opportunities, a retirement savings plan, onsite parking, and, if qualified, student loan repayment support.
We have outlined the experience and qualifications a candidate should currently possess, and also those they are expected to develop while at Gateway. We recognize that no one person will be equally strong in every area and that some candidates will bring other strengths or experiences we haven’t described here. If you are passionate about this work, please apply.
- Coordinate pre- and post-event logistics of Gateway Impact events: Conversations for Impact, Powerful Learners Conference, summer institutes, and events that grow the Gateway Impact platform for educators
- Manage Gateway Public Schools’ and Gateway Impact’s social media accounts: timely postings, monitoring and boosting engagement, responding to posts
- Produce Gateway Impact e-newsletters: writing content, designing emails, list management
- Manage Gateway Impact’s website: content writing, resource updating, etc.
- Act as a liaison between Gateway Impact staff, Gateway educators, external partners, and other related stakeholders
- Identify professional networking opportunities and partnerships for Gateway Impact
- Work with Gateway Impact team to submit proposals to conferences and other events to present about Gateway Impact topics
- Provide hands on support for all events and activities, including some evening and weekend events: logistics planning, vendor communication, set-up and takedown
Qualifications and Experience
- 2-3 years of experience in communications, marketing and/or content writing
- Experience in or passion for a mission-driven education organization
- A commitment to public and antiracist education and alignment with Gateway’s mission and values
- Attention to detail; strong organizational skills, verbal and written communication skills; and ability to work collaboratively across teams
- Organize, prioritize and coordinate multiple work activities with the ability to meet deadlines
- Agility and flexibility in response to changing priorities and needs
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Proficient in Google Suite and all social media platforms; experience with CMS, email marketing platforms
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to continuously acquire new competencies and accept new challenges
The anticipated hiring timeline as of the posting of this position is approximately 6-8 weeks. Below are estimations of the hiring process, although this could change depending on applicants and work load:
- Accepting applications: 2 weeks
- Resume review and interviews: 4 weeks
- Reference checks: 1 weeks
- Offer extended: 1 week
Interviews will be conducted by phone, Zoom, and/or masked, in-person.
About Gateway Public Schools
In 1998, a group of San Francisco parents had the dream of creating a school that would be a gateway to college for all students regardless of race, income or learning style. They founded Gateway High School, a college preparatory, public charter school in San Francisco. Since then more than 96% of our graduates have gone on to college, nearly twice the statewide rate. Expanding on its success, Gateway Middle School was established in 2011 to support students starting in 6th grade. Today, Gateway’s mission is to prepare a broad range of learners for success in college and beyond by combining a rigorous academic program with an approach where the individual talents, strengths and needs of our learners are identified and supported. With two campuses in San Francisco’s Western Addition, Gateway Public Schools (GPS) serves nearly 800 students and an entire community of educators each year. Learn more about our schools at www.gatewayps.org.
Gateway Impact is an initiative of Gateway Public Schools that is committed to improving education outcomes of young people through sharing best practices and by bringing educators together to collaborate and learn from each other. Gateway Impact currently has three key activity areas – Gateway Impact Online, Idea Exchange and the annual Powerful Learners Conference – and continues to grow. Learn more about the initiative at www.gatewayimpact.org.
Gateway is committed to creating a diverse, anti-racist, equitable and inclusive workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage BIPOC, LGBTQ+ persons, and persons from other historically marginalized groups to apply.