As required by California law, we hold a lottery for admission if the number of applicants exceeds the number of spots available.
If you are an 8th grader applying for the incoming 9th grade class, you must complete the 9th Grade Lottery application by Friday, January 13, 2017, 5 p.m. Applicants will have instant access to lottery results on March 17, 2017, 8 a.m. It is easiest to apply online, but you may also apply with a paper application.
First: Decide whether Gateway High School is right for you
- Prospective students and parents may attend an enrollment open house to meet Principal Michael Fuller, attend information sessions and learn about our mission and academic program.
- Prospective students may register to shadow a Gateway student and tour the school.
- Prospective families may register to visit classrooms during the school day and attend an information session
Next: Complete the 9th Grade Lottery Application
- To apply online, create an admissions account.
- Submit the online application by Friday, January 13, 2017, 5 p.m. A paper application is also available below.
- Submit two proofs of residency by Tuesday, February 14, 2017.
- Monitor and verify your proofs of residency. Submissions will be updated in your account by February 28, 2017.
Lottery results will be posted to your admissions account and mailed to your home on March 17, 2017. We receive 600 applicants for 140 spots in the incoming 9th grade class. If you are selected through the lottery, you need to notify us of your enrollment decision. If you choose to enroll, you must complete your registration. If you are not selected through the lottery, you will receive instructions on how to join the wait pool.